-
February 28th, 2005, 03:49 PM
#1
Inactive Member
I searched this forum and was able to track down the guy who was selling the reproduction foam pieces on ebay a while back. His name is Paul, and you can contact him at: pddarst at darrcam dot com. He will still make them, I ordered a set last week.
-
February 28th, 2005, 05:16 PM
#2
Inactive Member
Way to go!
-
March 10th, 2005, 02:39 PM
#3
Hostboard Member
Could someone tell me what is the purpose of this foam piece on the mod 19 and where is this installed. I am looking at prints of the 19 and it is not mentioned.
-
March 11th, 2005, 04:41 AM
#4
Inactive Member
Look at my avatar photo. The entire black area around the horn flare is a high density foam piece. It serves two purposes that I am aware of:
1. It dampens the ringing of the horn.
2. It prevents early reflections from the baffle board or the protruding cabinet walls.
You will not find very many original foam pieces any more. They tended to disintegrate after 20 years or so. I was impressed with the improvement in imaging and clarity that occurred when I installed the replacement foam. There is an email address listed in another thread for the fellow that makes the replacements. Very good quality.
-
March 11th, 2005, 04:57 AM
#5
Hostboard Member
Thanks,The Email address is at the start of the thread I will get in touch him.
-
March 18th, 2005, 09:59 PM
#6
Junior Hostboard Member
I just received a pair of these inserts. They are a dead ringer for the originals. Perfectly made and a perfect fit. I mailed a check and got them exactly two weeks later.
-
March 19th, 2005, 02:01 AM
#7
Inactive Member
Conductor, two questions:
1. Can you hear a difference?
2. How much does Paul charge for a pair now?
Later . . .
-
March 19th, 2005, 03:36 AM
#8
Junior Hostboard Member
Altec Fan, Yes, I can hear a difference. I listened with and without as they just pop in and are easily removed. The difference seems to be in improved imaging of cybals, etc, especially when listening near field at lower levels.
Here is the email I got from Paul:
<Thanks for your inquiry, we are currently cutting replacement foam for the Altec 19's, and will be glad to supply you with a set, they sell for $40.00, plus $8.50 s&h within the US, with the option of insuring them for $1.10. We accept m.o. cashiers check, or personal checks. We guarantee 100% satisfaction, just let us know if you're interested, sincerely, Paul Darst>
-
March 19th, 2005, 03:38 AM
#9
Junior Hostboard Member
oops...here it is <Thanks for your inquiry, we are currently cutting replacement foam for the Altec 19's, and will be glad to supply you with a set, they sell for $40.00, plus $8.50 s&h within the US, with the option of insuring them for $1.10. We accept m.o. cashiers check, or personal checks. We guarantee 100% satisfaction, just let us know if you're interested, sincerely, Paul Darst>
-
March 19th, 2005, 03:40 AM
#10
Junior Hostboard Member
lets try this again: Thanks for your inquiry, we are currently cutting replacement foam for the Altec 19's, and will be glad to supply you with a set, they sell for $40.00, plus $8.50 s&h within the US, with the option of insuring them for $1.10. We accept m.o. cashiers check, or personal checks. We guarantee 100% satisfaction, just let us know if you're interested, sincerely, Paul Darst
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks